Ten top tips for high speed separators belt-driven
Ten top tips to keep your high speed separator in tip top condition
- Make sure water and air of the correct quality is supplied to the machine as recommended in the manual.
- Use only approved brands of oil for lubrication and check oil condition regularly.
- Make sure that the Separator is operating in accordance with recommended design parameters.
- Constantly monitor vibration levels and bearing temperatures. Check regularly for leaks and any abnormal noise.
- Keep the service area clean and never place parts directly on the floor.
- Stick to the recommended service intervals and the instructions for preventive maintenance.
- Always clean parts thoroughly before re-assembling them.
- Use only Alfa Laval supplied tools for service and maintenance. Store tools in a clean, secure and dry location.
- Only use genuine spare parts to achieve guaranteed performance, reliability and equipment life.
- Maintain a stock of crucial spare parts such as oil, intermediate and major service kits. Follow storage instructions to avoid damage and corrosion.