Condition Audit for Inert Gas Systems
Your Alfa Laval Smit inert gas generator requires little effort from the crew to operate reliably. However, periodic inspection in the form of a Condition Audit provides expert insights and advice that can be used to optimize its performance and secure long-term availability.
A Condition Audit determines the actual condition of your inert gas generator. It reports the maintenance status and possible service needs before performance is impaired or an unplanned shutdown occurs.
There are two types of Condition Audits, BasiCare and TotalCare. These can be further tailored to meet your specific needs, e.g. for a pre-docking inspection. The audits are completed with a comprehensive report that includes all the findings, along with detailed maintenance or repair advice.
How can we help you?
Please contact us with any queries or questions.
- Reduced risk of unscheduled repairs and system downtime
- Savings through planned corrective actions rather than emergency repairs
- Scheduling of service work to match dry dock planning
- Opportunities to take advantage of new upgrade possibilities
- Improved crew knowledge and assurance of correct operation and maintenance
Scope of supply
Condition Audits can be performed on all Alfa Laval Smit inert gas generators:
- Alfa Laval Smit LNG/LPG (BUFD/BUCD)
- Alfa Laval Smit Combustion (FU/BU)
- Alfa Laval Smit Gas MEM
- Alfa Laval Smit Combustion Portable (Portinert)
Scope of service
There are two types of Condition Audit for Smit inert gas generators:
This audit checks individual components, fine-tunes operating parameters and ensures that the vessel’s crew understands how to maintain and use the system in a proper and optimal way. The follow-up repair work can be arranged efficiently for all parties.
This audit is an extension of the BasiCare programme and includes replacement of a number of critical and consumable spare parts. It provides the best of both worlds: a condition status report and optimal uptime for peace of mind.
During a Condition Audit, an Alfa Laval field service engineer inspects your inert gas generator with specialized equipment. Depending on the type of generator and audit, the following
will be checked:
- Compressors, blowers and fans
- Combustion chamber
- Fuel oil pumps and supply
- Analyzers and probes
- Control panels
- Gas dryer system
- Gas chiller system
- Valves and instruments
Other 360° Service Portfolio services for your equipment
- Alfa Laval Equipment Upgrades for Inert Gas Systems
- Alfa Laval Troubleshooting for Inert Gas Systems
- Alfa Laval Training for Inert Gas Systems
- Alfa Laval Spare Parts for Inert Gas Systems